Sunday, April 02, 2006

Plug: The Daily Scoop

When I was young I used to consume inordinate amounts of ice cream. Every afternoon, after school, I'd come back and have a big bowl of vanilla ice cream (2 scoops), with Hershey's chocolate sauce and an extra helping of Hershey's chocolate chips. My arteries rebel at the memory, but that was such a joy and a delight.

These days, I get my fix at the many gelaterias and ice cream parlours that seem to be dotting the landscape. Venezia's at Sixth Avenue does pretty good Dark Chocolate gelato, and Island Creamery at Serene Centre is always good for a bit of a laugh.

Today we popped down to The Daily Scoop, a newspaper little ice cream cafe tucked away in Clementi Arcade. Like Island Creamery, TDS serves exotic flavours like chendol, cempadak and durian, but also more conventional ones like chocolate and vanilla.

I tried the chocolate at $2.90 a scoop, and found it to be quite good. It was very gelato-like, a bit more dense and rich and not so milky. My father had the durian, but he wasn't so impressed. Apparently good flavours to try are lychee martini and their local flavours. They also do deliveries, which is convenient. Best of all, their service is really delightful, with an extremely pleasant girl manning the counter.

The Daily Scoop also offers desserts like waffles, coffees and milk shakes, so I think I'll be dropping by one of these afternoons. Message me if you're interested.

The Daily Scoop
41 Sunset Way
#01-04 Clementi Arcade
Tel: 6463 3365
Website

Opening Hours:
Mon - Thurs: 11am - 9pm
Fri/Sat: 11am - 10pm
Sun: 2pm - 9pm


Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: