Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Recipe: Pumpkin Cookies
Ooh...I can't turn this picture around! I don't know what's up with that, so maybe you can just lean your head over and check out my pumpkin cookies:)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 handful of pine nuts
If desired, you can add sultanas, pistachios or cranberries to the mixture.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy.
4. Mix in dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and pine nuts and any other flavour additions.
5. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies.
This recipe makes a large batch of chewy, spicy pumpkin cookies with lots of natural ingredients. They are very good and not that sinful!
Posted by Weylin at 1:14 PM